Cardiology is an important department that every hospital has to offer. The present hectic lifestyle has given rise to numerous cardiac disorders, which has invariably increased the count of deaths due to cardiac issues. Various cardiac disorders vary in terms of their symptoms and it is important to diagnose them, treat them, and prevent them before it affects them
The Cardiology Department in Venkataeswara Hospital is home to a well-experienced team of cardiologists headed by the well-known Dr. Su. Thillai Vallal. The hospital offers 24×7 services for all cardiac emergencies backed by an expert team of experienced internists and nurses in the ICU. It also has a dedicated team of dieticians who provide helpful, realistic advice on how to follow a healthy cardiac diet.
The doctors in Venkataeswara Hospital strive to protect heart health, to prevent heart diseases among patients in the community. Cardiac disorders are predictable and preventable, therefore strive to promote preventive as well as curative cardiology.
The hospital offers a variety of services to help diagnose cardiac health issues at an early stage. These diagnostic tests include:
- 2D Echocardiogram: 2D Echocardiogram, also known as Echo, is the assessment of the heart through ultrasound. This test assesses the patient’s heart valves, heart valves, and blood flow.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): A graphical outline of the heart’s movement, ECG is usually combined with the Doppler Ultrasound and colour Doppler to check the blood flow to the heart valves.
- Treadmill Test (TMT): Treadmill Test is employed to determine the impact of exercise on the heart. Through exercise, doctors can detect abnormal heart rhythms and the presence or absence of CAD.
- 24-Hour ECG Monitoring [Holter]: A 24-Hour Holter Monitor records your heart rhythm over 24 hours. The monitor is the size of a mobile phone which is worn around the waist.
- 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Recording: 24-Hour Ambulatory BP Recording helps in measuring and managing patients with high blood pressure (hypertension). An ambulatory Blood Pressure Machine allows the assessment of the patient’s blood pressure for 24-hours.
- Master Health Checkup: As a part of our Master Health Checkup [Executive], several tests are performed under the supervision of our expert doctors based on the patient’s requirement, medical history, and age group. Ample care is taken to curate the health packages for the patients.
- Cath Lab: Abbreviation for Catheterization Lab is a lab where doctors perform minimally invasive procedures and treat cardiac diseases. The lab is equipped with technology that is used for doing CTO Angioplasties, Coronary Angiograms, Complex Angioplasties, Temporary and Permanent Pacemaker Implantation, Coarctation Stenting, Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator, Ventricular Septal Defect, Balloon Mitral Valvotomy, and Peripheral Angioplasties.
The hospital organizes regular cardiac healthcare camps, specifically on World Heart Day each year. The aim is to create awareness and reach out to the general public by educating them on the importance of the heart. It solely believes that heart attacks and cardiac disorders are easily preventable and predictable if timely care is taken.